- Grave lettering samples, Old Burying Ground, Beaufort, North Carolina
Lettering (Layout features)
- Original Format:
- Measured drawings; scale: undetermined; 483mm x 610mm
- Item identifier:
- Whitesell, Donald L. more info on Whitesell, Donald L.
- Created Date:
- Created Date:
- 12 of 12 | Historical Note: The burying ground is one of the state's oldest cemeteries, and features mostly stone markers, including table-stones, obelisks, and military markers. The cemetery also contains iron fencework of note.
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Historic Architecture Research. Project Records (UA110.041) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- North Carolina
- Historical note:
- The burying ground is one of the state's oldest cemeteries, and features mostly stone markers, including table-stones, obelisks, and military markers.
- Architectural note:
- The cemetery also contains iron fencework of note.