- Preservation North Carolina
- Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Briggs, John J., 1770-1856 more info on Briggs, John J., 1770-1856
- Nutt, Elhannon more info on Nutt, Elhannon
- Jones, William, carpenter more info on Jones, William, carpenter
- 211 New Bern Avenue
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- John Haywood (state treasurer), first owner
- Architectural note:
- The home's interior is finished in late Georgian style. Surviving outbuildings include an early smokehouse with its original finial.
- Historical note:
- The home represents a surviving example of the early nineteenth century town homes that were once common in North Carolina towns. The property is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Housing, Single family
National Register of Historic Places
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.780427, -78.636264
- External Resources:
Haywood Hall: History