Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Architrave details, Haywood Hall, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- scale: half full scale, undetermined; 483mm x 610mm
- Item identifier:
- Chartier, Robert L. more info on Chartier, Robert L.
- Mayo, Thomas M. more info on Mayo, Thomas M.
- Created Date:
- 18 of 21
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Historic Architecture Research. Project Records (UA110.041) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about)
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Briggs, John J., 1770-1856 more info on Briggs, John J., 1770-1856
- Nutt, Elhannon more info on Nutt, Elhannon
- Jones, William, carpenter more info on Jones, William, carpenter
- 211 New Bern Avenue
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- John Haywood (state treasurer), first owner
- Architectural note:
- The home's interior is finished in late Georgian style. Surviving outbuildings include an early smokehouse with its original finial.
- Historical note:
- The home represents a surviving example of the early nineteenth century town homes that were once common in North Carolina towns. The property is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
National Register of Historic Places
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.780427, -78.636264
- External Resources:
Haywood Hall: History