- Side view, Ayr Mount, Hillsborough, North Carolina
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- 3-1/2 x 5 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
Ayr Mount (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Historic Architecture Research. Project Records (UA110.041) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Briggs, John J., 1770-1856 more info on Briggs, John J., 1770-1856
- Nutt, Elhannon more info on Nutt, Elhannon
- Collier, William more info on Collier, William, bricklayer
- 376 St. Mary's Road
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- William Kirkland (native Scot planter) and Mary Scott Kirkland, first owners
- Architectural note:
- Elhannon Nutt is the attributed joiner for the ornate mantels in the home. The interior treatment of the house is a blend of the late Georgian and early Federal styles. The portico was reconstructed in the late twentieth century.
- Historical note:
- The home is the state's prime example of a tripartite-plan in brick, and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Architecture -- Conservation and restoration
Decoration and ornament
Housing, Single family
National Register of Historic Places
Shutters (Opening components)
Tripartite floor plan
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 36.076215, -79.099454
- External Resources:
Preservation North Carolina, Ayr Mount Entry