Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Details, Peter Clemmons House, Clemmons, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- scale: full scale, undetermined; 483mm x 610mm
- Item identifier:
- Mace, Ron more info on Mace, Ron
- Created Date:
- 8 of 8
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Historic Architecture Research. Project Records (UA110.041) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about)
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
Building: Clemmons, Peter House -- Old Clemmons Inn -- Ogburn Residence (Clemmons, Forsyth County, North Carolina)
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- Peter Clemmons (milll owner) and Comfort Clemmons, first owner; Edwin Clemmons (stagecoach line operator), mid-nineteenth century owner.
- Architectural note:
- The home was expanded in the nineteenth century by the addition of flush gable ends. The interior features finishing in both the late Georgian/early Federal and Greek Revival modes.
- Historical note:
- Through its existence the home has functioned as a general store, a meeting house, an inn, and a stagecoach stop. The first owners are said to have also used the home as a boarding house.