Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- North elevation, Eddins House, Palmerville, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- scale: undetermined; 483mm x 610mm
- Item identifier:
- Morgan, Earl more info on Morgan, Earl
- Created Date:
- 7 of 8
Elevations (architectural drawings)
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Historic Architecture Research. Project Records (UA110.041) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about)
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
Building: Eddins, E. F. House -- Eddins' Boarding House (Palmerville, Stanly County, North Carolina)
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- Professor E. F. Eddins (director of Yadkin Mineral Springs Academy), 1880s owner
- Architectural note:
- The home was frequently altered during the early twentieth century. Changes included the addition of a second rear ell in 1905, the conversion of a kitchen ell to sleeping quarters and the addition of a detached kitchen in 1926, the remodeling and brick veneering of the house to its present style, and the addition of a two room study. Surviving outbuildings include a smokehouse and a corncrib.
- Historical note:
- The home served as a boarding house for the Academy's female teachers and students.