- North elevation, Sans Souci, Hillsborough, North Carolina
Elevations (Building divisions)
- Original Format:
- Measured drawings; scale: undetermined; 483mm x 610mm
- Item identifier:
- Yu, George more info on Yu, George
- Smith, Tom more info on Smith, Tom, architect
- Created Date:
- 6 of 16
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Historic Architecture Research. Project Records (UA110.041) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 237 East Corbin Street
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- Dr. William and Mary Ruffin Cain, first owners
- Architectural note:
- The house's wings were part of a later addition, and the porch was added in the late nineteenth century. Surviving outbuildings on the property include a former slave quarters and a carriage house.
- Historical note:
- The home was constructed in the early nineteenth century, and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Slaves -- Dwellings
Buildings -- Additions
National Register of Historic Places
Wings (Building divisions)
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 36.082887, -79.094729