Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Altar, Christ Church, Raleigh, North Carolina
Gothic revival (Architecture)
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- 7-3/4 x 9-1/2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Historic Architecture Research. Project Records (UA110.041) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Upjohn, Richard, 1802-1878 more info on Upjohn, Richard, 1802-1878
- Upjohn, Hobart Brown, 1876-1949 more info on Upjohn, Hobart Brown, 1876-1949
- Martindale, Justin, 1804- more info on Martindale, Justin, 1804-
- Findlater, Robert, circa 1808-1856 more info on Findlater, Robert, circa 1808-1856
- Puttick, James, circa 1807-circa 1860 more info on Puttick, James, circa 1807-circa 1860
- Whitelaw, John more info on Whitelaw, John, mason
- Keller, H. P. S. (Harry P. S.), 1869-1938 more info on Keller, H. P. S. (Harry P. S.), 1869-1938
- 120 E. Edenton Street
- North Carolina
- Architectural note:
- The cloister and the belltower were built in 1859 to 1861 as part of Richard Upjohn's original design. The chapel, parish house, stone altar, and reredos were added from 1914 to 1915 by Hobart Upjohn and H. P. S. Keller.
- Historical note:
- The church is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and as a National Historical Landmark.
National Historic Landmarks
National Register of Historic Places
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.781022, -78.637626