- Side view, Joe Wilson Home, Hickory, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white print (photograph); 3-1/2 x 5 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Historic Architecture Research. Project Records (UA110.041) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Provenance note:
- Joe Wilson, first owner
- Architectural note:
- In 1957, the home underwent reconstruction, gaining plumbing and a stairway.
- Historical note:
- The home was moved from Startown Road to First Avenue in 1952. Joe Wilson assisted in the creation of Catawba County from Lincoln County.
- General note:
- Description Note: All information regarding the house comes from the research notes of the delineator of associated drawings.
Buildings -- Repair and reconstruction
Dwellings -- Remodeling
Moving of buildings, bridges, etc.