- Column details, Julian House, Franklinville, North Carolina
Detail drawings (Drawings)
- Original Format:
- Measured drawings; scale: undetermined; 483mm x 610mm
- Item identifier:
- Nordman, Theodore Paul more info on Nordman, Theodore Paul
- Created Date:
- 6 of 10
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Historic Architecture Research. Project Records (UA110.041) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Provenance note:
- James Johnson, first owner; Nathan Cox (boarding house keeper), second owner; Mary Jane Cox (weaver), third owner; C. H. Julian (postmaster, depot agent, town clerk, and treasurer), fourth owner
- Architectural note:
- The porch was added in the late nineteenth century.
- Historical note:
- The home was built for the owners or managers of Franklinville Mill, and is possibly the oldest structure in Franklinville. The date 1819 is said to have been carved into one of the building's sills.
Buildings -- Additions
Sills (Opening components)