- First floor plan, William Whitted House, Hillsborough, North Carolina
Stores & shops
- Original Format:
- scale: 1/4 in. = 1 ft.; 483mm x 610mm
- Item identifier:
- Spearman, A. more info on Spearman, A.
- Created Date:
- 5 of 8
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Historic Architecture Research. Project Records (UA110.041) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
Building: Whitted, William House -- American Legion Building (Hillsborough, Orange County, North Carolina)
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- William Whitted, first owner
- Architectural note:
- The home gained several additions in the early to mid-nineteenth century. The oldest part of the house is the front portion. The cookhouse was built in 1900.
- Historical note:
- The building was used as a cabinet shop, a store, and it housed the American Legion for many years. The home is located within the boundaries of the Hillsborough Historic District, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Buildings -- Additions
Housing, Single family
Stores & shops
Veterans -- Societies, etc.