NCSU Libraries

Side view, First Presbyterian Church, Salisbury, North Carolina

First Presbyterian Church (Salisbury, N.C.)
Normal spinner 196px

Item information

Title:
Side view, First Presbyterian Church, Salisbury, North Carolina
Topics:
Architecture
Subjects:
Romanesque revival (Architecture)
Church buildings
Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph); 3-1/2 x 4-1/2 in.
Item identifier:
bh0208p02
Architect:
Created Date:
to
Created Date:
circa
Description:
Provenance: Presbyterian congregation formally organized in 1821, first owner | Historical Note: The church was razed in 1971, but the brick and stone belltower remain.
Genre:
Architectural photographs
Photographs
Location:
Salisbury (N.C.)
Digital Project:
Built Heritage

Source information

Repository:
Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
Collection:
Historic Architecture Research. Project Records (UA110.041) held by
Note field:
Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
Rights:
For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
Funding:
Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.

Building:

Architect:
Built:
Street:
308 W. Fisher Street
Community:
Salisbury
State:
NC
Zip:
28144
Provenance note:
Presbyterian congregation formally organized in 1821, first owner
Historical note:
The first church was built at the corner of West Innes and Jackson Streets in 1826. A second church was built in the same location (replacing the first church) in 1892. Charles W. Bolton, architect of the second church, incorporated elements of the first church in the construction of the second church. The church was razed in 1971, but the brick and stone belltower still remains.
Location:
Salisbury (N.C.)
Subjects:
Religious buildings
Church buildings
Bell towers
Latitude, Longitude:
35.668573, -80.473257

✓ Give us feedback