- School house floor plan and cross section, Midway Plantation, Wake County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Measured drawings; scale: undetermined; 483mm x 610mm
- Item identifier:
- Nassif, Joe L. more info on Nassif, Joe L.
- Mills, Allen G. more info on Mills, Allen G.
- Garriss, Howard R. more info on Garriss, Howard R.
- Created Date:
- Created Date:
- 20 of 34 | Provenance: David Hinton (planter) and Mary Carr Hinton, first owner | Architectural Note: The home exemplifies the Greek Revival plantation houses built in the mid-nineteenth century, featuring a broad Doric portico and a center-passage plan. | Historical Note: The owners were the son of state treasurer Charles Hinton (1839-1843; 1845-1851), and the sister of Governor Elias Carr (1893-1897). The home is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Wake County (N.C.)
Midway Plantation (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Historic Architecture Research. Project Records (UA110.041) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 1000 Shoppes at Midway Drive
- Provenance note:
- David Hinton (planter) and Mary Carr Hinton, first owner.
- Architectural note:
- The home exemplifies the Greek Revival plantation houses built in the mid-nineteenth century, featuring a broad Doric portico and a center-passage plan.
- Historical note:
- The owners were the son of state treasurer Charles Hinton (1839-1843; 1845-1851), and the sister of Governor Elias Carr (1893-1897). The home is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The plantation was relocated 3 miles north of its original site in August 2005 to make way for new commercial development. No street address could be located for the new site, so the old one has been used.
Moving of buildings, bridges, etc.
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.78971, -78.521259