Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- View, Tucker Carriage House, Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- 2 x 2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
For more information:
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Provenance note:
- R.S. Tucker (merchant), first owner
- Historical note:
- The carriage house was renovated between 1988 and 1989. Originally, the structure was part of an estate that included an Italianate villa that was razed in the mid-twentieth century. The carriage house is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The Tucker residence and its adjoining outbuildings, including the carriage house and stable, were built by Rufus S. Tucker, a Raleigh merchant and civic leader. The house was built in 1858-1859, and the stable is also of the nineteenth century.
National Register of Historic Places