- Window details, Tucker Carriage House, Raleigh, North Carolina
Jambs (Opening components)
Sills (Opening components)
- Original Format:
- scale: 1-1/2 in. = 1 ft., 3 in. = 1 ft.; 483mm x 610mm
- Item identifier:
- Farmer, John B. more info on Farmer, John B.
- Heath, John E. more info on Heath, John E.
- Created Date:
- 10 of 12
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Historic Architecture Research. Project Records (UA110.041) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Provenance note:
- R.S. Tucker (merchant), first owner
- Historical note:
- The carriage house was renovated between 1988 and 1989. Originally, the structure was part of an estate that included an Italianate villa that was razed in the mid-twentieth century. The carriage house is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The Tucker residence and its adjoining outbuildings, including the carriage house and stable, were built by Rufus S. Tucker, a Raleigh merchant and civic leader. The house was built in 1858-1859, and the stable is also of the nineteenth century.
Architecture -- Conservation and restoration
Housing, Single family
National Register of Historic Places