- Title page with notes and site plan, Hollyday House, Washington, North Carolina
Italianate (North American architecture styles)
- Original Format:
- 483mm x 610mm
- Item identifier:
- Harris, William Thomas, Jr. more info on Harris, William Thomas, Jr.
- Created Date:
- 1 of 8
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Historic Architecture Research. Project Records (UA110.041) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 706 W. 2nd Street
- North Carolina
- Architectural note:
- The property retains the qualities of an in-town antebellum estate, including brick outbuildings. After the building was moved, small additions were added, such as closets and a cellar. The kitchen was left in its original location. The grounds were landscaped and the original foundations were used as an attraction for the garden.
- Historical note:
- The date is approximate, the home was constructed in the mid-nineteenth century. During the Civil War, the house was used as a Union Hospital. The Union Army removed all but one of the marble mantles. House was moved in 1927 to approximately 100 feet south of its original location.
- Provenance note:
- Built by Major John Blount
Closets (Storage spaces)
Housing, Single family
Moving of buildings, bridges, etc.
United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.547241, -77.062758
- External Resources:
Washington, North Carolina: Hollyday House