- Second floor plan, Cooleemee Plantation, Davie County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- scale: 3/16 in. = 1 ft.; 483mm x 610mm
- Item identifier:
- Buie, J. C. more info on Buie, J. C.
- Kreps, J. A. more info on Kreps, J. A.
- Created Date:
- 4 of 14
Davie County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Historic Architecture Research. Project Records (UA110.041) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Conrad and Williams (Davidson County, N.C.) more info on Conrad and Williams (Davidson County, N.C.)
- Ranlett, William H. more info on Ranlett, William H.
- U. S. Route 64, Mocksville Vicinity
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- The house was built for planter Peter W. Hairston and Columbia Stuart Hairston (wife of General J.E.B. Stuart).
- Architectural note:
- The house's design came from the Anglo-Grecian Villa plans from William Ranlett's "The Architect" patternbook. The ornamental woodwork over doors and elsewhere in the house was brought in from Philadelphia. Around 1915 two bathrooms were added, and the north porch was converted into a kitchen. Foundation is composed of rubble stone, walls composed of brick with stucco on exterior and plaster on interior, and floors are tongue-and-groove yellow pine. The ceilings are plaster on wood lath, and the roof is standing seam sheet metal over original shingle.
- Historical note:
- The home is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and as a National Historical Landmark.
Housing, Single family
National Historic Landmarks
National Register of Historic Places
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.8534, -80.41
- External Resources:
Cooleemee Plantation Wikipedia Entry