Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Location map and rendering, Pleasant Grove Camp Meeting Ground, Union County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- scale: undetermined; 483mm x 610mm
- Item identifier:
- Moore, A. B., Jr. more info on Moore, A. B., Jr.
- Created Date:
- 1 of 6
Union County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Historic Architecture Research. Project Records (UA110.041) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about)
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Provenance note:
- Methodist congregation outgrown from the 1787 McWhirter Camp Ground
- Architectural note:
- Tradition attributes the roof form to carpenter George Winchester. The arbor was built with the assistance of church members and neighbors.
- Historical note:
- The meeting ground is one of largest of the Piedmont's campgrounds and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Mineral Springs (N.C.)
Camp sites, facilities, etc.