Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Foundation detail, Zion (Organ) Lutheran Church, Rowan County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- 2 x 2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
more info on Lutheran Church
Rowan County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Historic Architecture Research. Project Records (UA110.041) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about)
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 1500 Organ Church Road
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- German Lutheran congregation led by pastor Carl August Gottlieb Storch, first owner
- Architectural note:
- The tower was added in the early twentieth century, but the essential original form remains.
- Historical note:
- The building is the oldest stone Lutheran church in the state. The popular name refers to an organ moved from the old log church to the new building and used until the late nineteenth century. The church is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
National Register of Historic Places
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.51566, -80.364409