- Fireplace details, Ingleside, Lincoln County, North Carolina
Detail drawings (Drawings)
- Original Format:
- Measured drawings
- scale: 1-1/2 in. = 1 ft.; 483mm x 610mm
- Item identifier:
- Paterson, W. H. more info on Paterson, W. H.
- Gietzen, P. G. more info on Gietzen, P. G.
- Created Date:
- 14 of 15
Lincoln County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Historic Architecture Research. Project Records (UA110.041) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 445 N Ingleside Farm Rd
- Iron Station
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- Daniel Forney (member of Congress, brigadier general in the state militia, and iron works founder) and Harriet Brevard Forney, first owners.
- Architectural note:
- Six-hearthed home's staircase was modeled after Owen Biddle's "Young Carpenter's Assistant" patternbook. Its main room resembles the east room of the White House. Its cornice and mouldings were imported from France.
- Historical note:
- Family tradition attributes the home's design to Benjamin Latrobe. The home is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Iron Station (N.C.)
Housing, Single family
National Register of Historic Places
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.463693, -81.041729
- External Resources: