- Floor and roof plans, F. D. Giddens Well House, Goldsboro, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- scale: 3/4 in. = 1 ft.; 483mm x 610mm
- Item identifier:
- Bray, William R. more info on Bray, William R.
- Created Date:
- 2 of 5
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Historic Architecture Research. Project Records (UA110.041) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 200 Block S William Street
- Provenance note:
- F. D. Giddens, first owner; Mrs. F. L. Smoot, twentieth century owner
- Architectural note:
- The one hundred feet deep well was constructed of locally made brick, and was designed and built by F. D. Giddens in 1867.
- Historical note:
- The well house functioned as a favorite stopping place for stagecoach passengers traveling along the Old Coach Road between Raleigh and New Bern.
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.380648, -77.994136