- View, Havens Warehouse, Washington, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white (negatives)
- 1 x 1-1/2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Historic Architecture Research. Project Records (UA110.041) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 415 W. Main Street
- Washington Historic District
- North Carolina
- Historical note:
- This and the Fowle Warehouse were constructed in the early to mid-nineteenth century, nearly at the same time. The warehouses are rare survivors of a once common building type in North Carolina port towns. Currently, the warehouse houses a marina. The building lies within the boundaries of the Washington Historic District, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Architectural note:
- Nearly identical to the Fowle Warehouse. Example of early commercial construction in North Carolina. Very thick, solid brick masonry walls, heavy timber, and slate roofs. The warehouse exhibits iron shutters, sandstone lintels and sills, and a corbeled cornice. The warehouse has a later addition on its west side.
Buildings -- Additions
Buildings -- Remodeling for other use
Sills (Opening components)
Shutters (Opening components)
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.544209, -77.059978