- First floor plan, William Smith House, Ansonville, North Carolina
Greek revival (Architecture)
- Original Format:
- scale: 3/16 in. = 1 ft.; 451mm x 610mm
- Item identifier:
- Lee, Don R. more info on Lee, Don R.
- Grieger, Frederick more info on Grieger, Frederick
- Ballard, Roger W. more info on Ballard, Roger W.
- Created Date:
- 2 of 12
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Historic Architecture Research. Project Records (UA110.041) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- William Gaston Smith (planter, merchant, and leader at Carolina Female College), first owner; William A. Smith (Confederate veteran leader active in textiles, banking, and education), second owner
- Architectural note:
- The house was expanded in the 1880s with the addition of one story wings and a portico.
- Historical note:
- Surviving outbuildings include a kitchen and a frame barn that features a stuccoed stone Gothic arcade.
Buildings -- Additions
Housing, Single family
Wings (Building divisions)