- Second floor plan, Cleghorn, Rutherford County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Measured drawings; scale: 1/4 in. = 1 ft.; 445mm x 572mm
- Item identifier:
- Washburn, James R. more info on Washburn, James R.
- Created Date:
- 2 of 6
Rutherford County (N.C.)
Cleghorn Plantation (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Historic Architecture Research. Project Records (UA110.041) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 183 Clegwood Drive
- Provenance note:
- Thomas McEntire (Scots planter), first owner; Washburn family, late nineteenth to twentieth century owner
- Architectural note:
- The home was renovated in 1940, at which time a garage, two porches, and a new entrance portico were added.
- Historical note:
- Tradition attributes the design to David Paton, the Scots born supervising architect of the State Capitol, but any connection is undocumented. The house is now a restaurant located in a country club/golf course.
Housing, Single family
Architecture -- Conservation and restoration
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.357773, -81.9735
- External Resources:
Cleghorn Plantation Site - History