- Front view, St. John's Episcopal Church, Williamsboro, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white print (photograph)
- 3-1/2 x 5 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Historic Architecture Research. Project Records (UA110.041) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- SR 1329
- North Carolina
- Architectural note:
- The side pulpit and sounding board date from a 1950s restoration.
- Historical note:
- The church is the chief landmark of Williamsboro. The structure is one of only three intact colonial church buildings in North Carolina, the only one in the Piedmont, and the only one of frame construction. The church is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Architecture -- Conservation and restoration
National Register of Historic Places
North Carolina -- History
United States -- History -- Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775