Please note that some historical materials may contain harmful content and/or descriptions. Learn how we're addressing it.
- Cemetery, Old St. Paul's Lutheran Church, Catawba County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
Black and white print (photograph)
- 3-1/2 x 3-1/2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
Catawba County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Historic Architecture Research. Project Records (UA110.041) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about)
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 2035 Old Conover-Startown Road
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- The church was originally owned and used by German Lutheran and German Reformed congregations of worshipers.
- Architectural note:
- The plain two-story structure is constructed with logs reused from an earlier mid-eighteenth century meetinghouse and follows a meetinghouse plan with the main entrance on its side.
- Historical note:
- The structure is one of the oldest meetinghouses in the region and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
National Register of Historic Places
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.679024, -81.243031