- Elevations and second floor plan, Joel Lane House, Raleigh, North Carolina
Detail drawings (Drawings)
- Original Format:
- Measured drawings
- scale: 1/4 in. = 1 ft.; 458mm x 585mm
- Item identifier:
- Miller, Reuben more info on Miller, Reuben
- Created Date:
- 2 of 2
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Historic Architecture Research. Project Records (UA110.041) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- Joel Lane (planter and political figure), first owner; William Boylan (landowner and newspaper publisher), nineteenth century owner
- Architectural note:
- The gambrel roof and dormers were added in the 1790s. The home's interior is finished in the Georgian style. The porch and chimneys date from a 1970s restoration.
- Historical note:
- Lane sold and to the state to be used for the new capitol in 1792. The home was moved to its present location in 1913. The home is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Housing, Single family
Moving of buildings, bridges, etc.
Architecture -- Conservation and restoration
National Register of Historic Places