- Cross section, details, and first floor plan, Joel Lane House, Raleigh, North Carolina
Detail drawings (Drawings)
- Original Format:
- scale: 1/4 in. = 1 ft., 1/2 in. = 1 ft., full scale; 458mm x 585mm
- Item identifier:
- Miller, Reuben more info on Miller, Reuben
- Created Date:
- 1 of 2
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Historic Architecture Research. Project Records (UA110.041) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- Joel Lane (planter and political figure), first owner; William Boylan (landowner and newspaper publisher), nineteenth century owner
- Architectural note:
- The gambrel roof and dormers were added in the 1790s. The home's interior is finished in the Georgian style. The porch and chimneys date from a 1970s restoration.
- Historical note:
- Lane sold and to the state to be used for the new capitol in 1792. The home was moved to its present location in 1913. The home is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Architecture -- Conservation and restoration
Housing, Single family
Moving of buildings, bridges, etc.
National Register of Historic Places