NCSU Libraries

North elevation, east elevation, and details, Longstreet Presbyterian Church, Fort Bragg, North Carolina

Longstreet Presbyterian Church (Fort Bragg, N.C.)
Normal spinner 196px

Item information

Title:
North elevation, east elevation, and details, Longstreet Presbyterian Church, Fort Bragg, North Carolina
Topics:
Architecture
Subjects:
Greek revival (Architecture)
Church buildings
Elevations (Building divisions)
Detail drawings (Drawings)
Windows
Columns
Original Format:
Measured drawings
Extent:
scale: 1/4 in. = 1 ft., 1/2 in. = 1 ft., 1 in. = 1 ft.; 445mm x 572mm
Item identifier:
bh003302702
Delineator:
Clark, J. more info on Clark, J. 
Delineator:
McArthur, P. more info on McArthur, P. 
Created Date:
Description:
2 of 3
Genre:
Architectural drawings
Location:
Fort Bragg (N.C.)
Digital Project:
Built Heritage

Source information

Repository:
Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
Collection:
Historic Architecture Research. Project Records (UA110.041) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
Note field:
Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
Rights:
For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
Funding:
Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.

Building: Longstreet Presbyterian Church (Fort Bragg, Hoke County, North Carolina)

Built:
Community:
Fort Bragg
State:
North Carolina
Zip:
28307
Provenance note:
Highland Scots Presbyterian congregation organized in 1758 was the first owner.
Historical note:
The church was named after the local portion of Yadkin Road, referred to in the period as the "Long Street". Two churches were built on the same parcel of land prior to the third, and current, structure. The building is considered to be among the most interesting and best preserved of the area's important collection of Scots Presbyterian country churches. The Army bought the land in 1923, and has been inactive ever since as a place of worship. The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Architectural note:
Unlike the majority of Presbyterian churches in the state, the pulpit of the building is located against the front wall, with the galleries carried around the sanctuary.
Location:
Fort Bragg (N.C.)
Subjects:
Church buildings
Religious buildings
National Register of Historic Places
Historic buildings
Presbyterians
Cemeteries
Graves
Historic sites
Military buildings
Pulpits
Galleries (Upper level spaces)
Scottish Americans
Grave markers
Latitude, Longitude:
35.135575, -78.997354