NCSU Libraries

View, Yates Mill, Wake County, North Carolina

Yates Mill Log Cabin (Raleigh, N.C.)
Yates Mill (Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina)
Normal spinner 196px

Item information

Title:
View, Yates Mill, Wake County, North Carolina
Topics:
Architecture
Subjects:
Flour mills
Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph); 3 x 3-1/2 in.
Item identifier:
bh0024p01
Created Date:
circa
Genre:
Architectural photographs
Photographs
Location:
Wake County (N.C.)
Digital Project:
Built Heritage

Source information

Repository:
Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
Collection:
Historic Architecture Research. Project Records (UA110.041) held by
Note field:
Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
Rights:
For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
Funding:
Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.

Building:

Delineator:
Street:
4640 Lake Wheeler Road
Community:
Raleigh
State:
North Carolina
Zip:
27603
Provenance note:
Samuel Pearson, first owner; Simon Pearson, second owner; William Boylan (businessman, director of State Bank, newspaper publisher), third owner
Architectural note:
The mill contains several generations of construction from the early nineteenth century onward, replacing a late eighteenth century mill probably destroyed in flooding in the early 1800s.
Historical note:
The site first began operating as a mill in 1761. The mill is the only survivor of several eighteenth century mills around Raleigh, and has been restored. The site is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Location:
Raleigh (N.C)
Subjects:
Mills and mill-work
Flour mills
Historic buildings
Cabins (Houses)
Latitude, Longitude:
35.718516, -78.686272

Building:

Delineator:
Built:
Street:
4640 Lake Wheeler Road
Community:
Raleigh
State:
NC
Zip:
27603
Provenance note:
Samuel Pearson, was the first owner; Simon Pearson, was the second owner; William Boylan, businessman, director of State Bank and newspaper publisher was the third owner.
Historical note:
The site first began operating as a flour mill in 1761. The mill is the only survivor of several eighteenth century mills around Raleigh, and has been restored. The site is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Location:
Raleigh (N.C)
Subjects:
Mills and mill-work
Historic sites
Flour mills
National Historic Landmarks
Latitude, Longitude:
35.718516, -78.686272

✓ Give us feedback