Please note that some historical materials may contain harmful content and/or descriptions. Learn how we're addressing it.
- Door, Elizabeth Methodist Church, Johnston County, North Carolina
Greek revival (Architecture)
- Original Format:
Black and white print (photograph)
- 3-1/2 x 3-1/2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
Johnston County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Historic Architecture Research. Project Records (UA110.041) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about)
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 4269 Cleveland Road
- Historical note:
- The building is considered the most ambitious antebellum church constructed in Johnston County.
- Provenance note:
- The church was named for Elizabeth Peters Sanders, the second wife of local farmer John Sanders.
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.546305, -78.451585