NCSU Libraries

Copy of RS0341_0001

Zealandia -- P. S. Henry House (Asheville, N.C.)
Normal spinner 196px

Item information

Title:
Copy of RS0341_0001
Topics:
Architecture
Subjects:
Windows
Original Format:
Tracings; 8 x 18 7/8
Item identifier:
aam_RS0341_0002
Architect:
Genre:
Architectural drawings
Design and construction documents
Digital Project:
Beaux Arts to Modernism

Source information

Repository:
Asheville Art Museum
Collection:
Richard Sharp Smith Collection (aam_RS) held by
Note field:
Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
Rights:
Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from the Asheville Art Museum.
Funding:
Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.

Building:

General note:
The stately Tudor mansion was built from 1908 to 1920 for Philip S. Henry, an internationally prominent diplomat, scholar and businessman. The present house was Henry's addition to an earlier structure on the site built for John Evans Brown in 1889. The original Brown portion of the house was razed in the 1950s and the mansion was reduced to the present twenty-eight rooms. http://go.ncsu.edu/zealandia
Location:
Asheville (N.C.)
Buncombe County (N.C.)
Subjects:
Housing, Single family
Houses
Tudor Revival
Mansions
Stone houses
Buildings -- Additions
Lost architecture
Historic buildings -- Remodeling
Mountains
Demolished buildings
Latitude, Longitude:
35.616604, -82.526105

✓ Give us feedback