NCSU Libraries

Residence - P. S. Henry--Veranda

Zealandia -- P. S. Henry House (Asheville, N.C.)
Normal spinner 196px

Item information

Title:
Residence - P. S. Henry--Veranda
Topics:
Architecture
Subjects:
Patios
Original Format:
Tracings
Extent:
17 x 29 5/8
Item identifier:
aam_RS0340_0018
Architect:
Smith and Carrier more info on Smith and Carrier 
Created Date:
Genre:
Architectural drawings
Design and construction documents
Digital Project:
Beaux Arts to Modernism

Source information

Repository:
Asheville Art Museum
Collection:
Richard Sharp Smith Collection (aam_RS) held by Asheville Art Museum
Note field:
Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
Rights:
Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from the Asheville Art Museum.
Funding:
Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.

Building: Zealandia -- P. S. Henry House (Asheville, Buncombe County, North Carolina)

General note:
The stately Tudor mansion was built from 1908 to 1920 for Philip S. Henry, an internationally prominent diplomat, scholar and businessman. The present house was Henry's addition to an earlier structure on the site built for John Evans Brown in 1889. The original Brown portion of the house was razed in the 1950s and the mansion was reduced to the present twenty-eight rooms. http://go.ncsu.edu/zealandia
Location:
Asheville (N.C.)
Buncombe County (N.C.)
Subjects:
Houses
Housing, Single family
Lost architecture
Mansions
Tudor Revival
Latitude, Longitude:
35.616604, -82.526105