- A Cottage Grove Park - for Mr. E. F. Chambless--Basement and Floor Plan
- Original Format:
- Tracings; 14 1/4 x 25 _
- Item identifier:
- Smith and Carrier more info on Smith and Carrier
- Created Date:
Design and construction documents
- Digital Project:
Beaux Arts to Modernism
- Asheville Art Museum
- Richard Sharp Smith Collection (aam_RS) held by Asheville Art Museum
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from the Asheville Art Museum.
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Grove Prk.
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- Dr. E.W. Grove's Grove Park Inn and Resort complex was built in 1913 with granite stones mined from Sunset Mountain. The resort, overlooking the city of Asheville, N.C., provided majestic views of the Blue Ridge Mountains and was a huge attraction for both local residents and guests. In addition to the main lodge, a golf course, and various outbuildings, the Grove Park complex included many individual cottages and residences which today make up Grove Park Historic District (Roughly bounded by Evelyn Place, Macon Avenue, Howland Road, Woodland Road, Canterbury Lane, Charlotte Street, and Murdock Avenue) . Perhaps the most famous owner of one of the district's cottages was William Jennings Bryan, who was the keynote speaker at Grove Park's Grand Opening. Projects 318 - 329 are all part of the Grove Park complex.
Housing, Single family
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.610397, -82.545775
- External Resources:
Grove Park Inn - Resort History
UNC-Asheville Special Collections: Grove Park Inn
Grove Park Historic District