- Additions to Weaverville School Details
Detail drawings (Drawings)
Buildings -- Additions
- Original Format:
- 18 5/8 x 35 _
- Item identifier:
- Smith and Carrier more info on Smith and Carrier
- Created Date:
Design and construction documents
- Digital Project:
Beaux Arts to Modernism
- Asheville Art Museum
- Richard Sharp Smith Collection (aam_RS) held by Asheville Art Museum
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from the Asheville Art Museum.
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- One block west of present day Main Street at Brown Street
- North Carolina
- General note:
- Built on property that previously had been used for religious revivals, Weaverville College, (later renamed Weaver College), operated in Weaverville for nearly 60 years before it closed its doors in the 1930s in a merger with Rutherford College. Three structures remain from the original campus, the 1874 Administration Building, now used as a Masonic Temple, and two dormitories. http://go.ncsu.edu/weaver_college; http://go.ncsu.edu/weaverville_school
Universities and colleges
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.694, -82.560309