- Lindley Training School--South Side
Elevations (Building divisions)
- Original Format:
- 13 1/2 x 24 3/8
- Item identifier:
- Smith, Richard Sharp, 1852-1924 more info on Smith, Richard Sharp, 1852-1924
- Created Date:
Design and construction documents
- Digital Project:
Beaux Arts to Modernism
- Asheville Art Museum
- Richard Sharp Smith Collection (aam_RS) held by Asheville Art Museum
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from the Asheville Art Museum.
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Lower Hominy Township
- North Carolina
- General note:
- The 1909 city directory notes a Lindley Training School at "W Asheville". There is no West Asheville Street on modern maps. Either the street name changed, or the directory simply meant that the school was in the western part of Asheville. 1930 census records describe the school as being located in "Lower Hominy Townplace" in Buncombe, one of the county's 16 townships. In 1923 the Lindley Training School was bought by the city of Asheville and later became part of the city's first junior college. http://go.ncsu.edu/westernnc_chronology; http://go.ncsu.edu/1909directory
Buncombe County (N.C.)
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.54, -82.68