NCSU Libraries

Presbyterian Church--Longitudinal Section - No. 7

Presbyterian Church (Banner Elk, N.C.)
Normal spinner 196px

Item information

Title:
Presbyterian Church--Longitudinal Section - No. 7
Topics:
Architecture
Subjects:
Longitudinal sections
Church buildings
Original Format:
Tracings
Extent:
13 1/4 x 16 _
Item identifier:
aam_RS0143_0003
Architect:
Smith and Carrier more info on Smith and Carrier 
Created Date:
Genre:
Architectural drawings
Design and construction documents
Digital Project:
Beaux Arts to Modernism

Source information

Repository:
Asheville Art Museum
Collection:
Richard Sharp Smith Collection (aam_RS) held by Asheville Art Museum
Note field:
Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
Rights:
Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from the Asheville Art Museum.
Funding:
Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.

Building: Presbyterian Church (Banner Elk, Avery County, North Carolina)

Architect:
more info on Smith and Carrier 
Built:
Street:
420 College Drive
Community:
Banner Elk
State:
North Carolina
Zip:
28604
Historical note:
The construction of the church started in 1912 and finished in 1914. http://go.ncsu.edu/brevarddavid.riverpresbyterian
Architectural note:
The stone used for the church came from the area surrounding Banner Elk.
Location:
Banner Elk (N.C.)
Subjects:
Church buildings
Presbyterians
Latitude, Longitude:
36.16113, -81.876004