NCSU Libraries

First Presbyterian Church--Alterations and Additions - North Side - No. 8

First Presbyterian Church (Asheville, N.C.)
Normal spinner 196px

Item information

Title:
First Presbyterian Church--Alterations and Additions - North Side - No. 8
Topics:
Architecture
Subjects:
Elevations (Building divisions)
Church buildings
Scale drawings
Towers (Building divisions)
Original Format:
Tracings
Extent:
13 1/2 x 18 _
Item identifier:
aam_RS0135_0003
Genre:
Architectural drawings
Design and construction documents
Location:
Asheville (N.C.)
Digital Project:
Beaux Arts to Modernism

Source information

Repository:
Asheville Art Museum
Collection:
Richard Sharp Smith Collection (aam_RS) held by Asheville Art Museum
Note field:
Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
Rights:
Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from the Asheville Art Museum.
Funding:
Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.

Building: First Presbyterian Church (Asheville, Buncombe County, North Carolina)

Builder:
more info on Wagner, John A. 
Street:
NE corner of Church St. and Aston St. near Patton Ave.
Community:
Asheville
State:
North Carolina
Zip:
28801
General note:
According to the 1912 Asheville city directory, the First Presbyterian Church had both a Baraca Sunday School building, located at Church Street near the corner of Aston, and the church itself, located at Church Street near Patton Avenue.
Historical note:
Plans to renovate the Sunday School were made in 1906.
Location:
Asheville (N.C.)
Subjects:
Religious buildings
Church buildings
Presbyterians
Latitude, Longitude:
35.59, -82.55