- A Rectory For St. Mary’s Church--Second Floor - Drawing No. 3
- Original Format:
- Starched linen ink; 16 x 17
- Item identifier:
- Smith and Carrier more info on Smith and Carrier
- Created Date:
Design and construction documents
- Digital Project:
Beaux Arts to Modernism
- Asheville Art Museum
- Richard Sharp Smith Collection (aam_RS) held by Asheville Art Museum
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from the Asheville Art Museum.
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 337 Charlotte Street
- North Carolina
- Historical note:
- Designed by Richard Sharp Smith and built in 1914 the church was described in the year of her founding in 1914 as a “Wayside Shrine in the Mountains of Western North Carolina,” beautiful little St. Mary’s Church has attracted countless visitors over the years.
- Architectural note:
- The church is English Gothic in style and cruciform in plan. Constructed out of red brick with steeply pitched gable roofs, the building is like those dotting the hilly landscape of County Durham, Northumberland and Cumbria in northern England. The English cottage-style Rectory, also designed by Smith, was built and set in beautiful landscaped grounds." http://go.ncsu.edu/grovepark
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.611445, -82.54556