- A Rectory For St. Mary’s Church--First Floor - Drawing No. 2
- Original Format:
Starched linen ink
- 16 1/8 x 17 _
- Item identifier:
- Smith and Carrier more info on Smith and Carrier
- Created Date:
Design and construction documents
- Digital Project:
Beaux Arts to Modernism
- Asheville Art Museum
- Richard Sharp Smith Collection (aam_RS) held by Asheville Art Museum
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from the Asheville Art Museum.
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 337 Charlotte Street
- North Carolina
- Historical note:
- Designed by Richard Sharp Smith and built in 1914, Saint Mary's Chapel of the Catechism was described as a “Wayside Shrine in the Mountains of Western North Carolina.” Beautiful little St. Mary’s Church has attracted countless visitors over the years.
- Architectural note:
- The English cottage-style Rectory was built and set in beautiful landscaped grounds. Richard Sharp Smith also designed the St. Mary's Chapel.
Architecture -- English influences
Cottage Style (Decorative arts style)
Housing, Single family
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.611445, -82.54556