NCSU Libraries

First Baptist Church (colored)--East Elevation

First Baptist Church (Asheville, N.C.)
Normal spinner 196px

Item information

Title:
First Baptist Church (colored)--East Elevation
Topics:
Architecture
Subjects:
Elevations (Building divisions)
Church buildings
Original Format:
Tracings
Extent:
12 1/2 x 19 _
Item identifier:
aam_RS0109_0004
Architect:
Smith, Richard Sharp, 1852-1924 more info on Smith, Richard Sharp, 1852-1924 
Genre:
Architectural drawings
Design and construction documents
Digital Project:
Beaux Arts to Modernism

Source information

Repository:
Asheville Art Museum
Collection:
Richard Sharp Smith Collection (aam_RS) held by Asheville Art Museum
Note field:
Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
Rights:
Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from the Asheville Art Museum.
Funding:
Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.

Building: First Baptist Church (Asheville, Buncombe County, North Carolina)

Architect:
more info on Ellington, Douglas D., 1886-1960 
Built:
Street:
5 Oak Street
Community:
Asheville
State:
North Carolina
Zip:
28801
Architectural note:
The church was Douglas Ellington's first design in Asheville. Ellington used a color palette based on the green of weathered copper, which was accentuated by the red, terracotta, and pink in the tiles and walls.
Historical note:
The church is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Location:
Asheville (N.C.)
Subjects:
Church buildings
Religious buildings
Architectural terra-cotta
Historic buildings
National Register of Historic Places
Copperwork
Terra-cotta
Tiles
Baptists
Latitude, Longitude:
35.597371, -82.547288
External Resources:
First Baptist Church of Asheville: History