- Woodfin Street elevation
Elevations (Building divisions)
- Original Format:
- Tracing paper ink
- 12.25 x 20.75”
- Item identifier:
Design and construction documents
- Digital Project:
Beaux Arts to Modernism
- Asheville Art Museum
- Douglas Ellington Collection (aam_DE) held by Asheville Art Museum
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from the Asheville Art Museum.
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 5 Oak Street
- North Carolina
- Architectural note:
- The church was Douglas Ellington's first design in Asheville. Ellington used a color palette based on the green of weathered copper, which was accentuated by the red, terracotta, and pink in the tiles and walls.
- Historical note:
- The church is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
National Register of Historic Places
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.597371, -82.547288
- External Resources:
First Baptist Church of Asheville: History