- View, Philadelphus Presbyterian Church, Philadelphus, Robeson County, North Carolina
Greek revival (Architecture)
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Higley, Gilbert P., 1823-1896 more info on Higley, Gilbert P., 1823-1896
- Digital Project:
- North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) held by North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from the North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office. For general information see their website (http://www.hpo.ncdcr.gov/).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- Rural Scots Presbyterian congregation established in the late eighteenth century, first owner.
- Historical note:
- Tradition attributes Gilbert Higley as the church's builder. The church is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Architectural note:
- The church provides an academic example of the temple-form frame churches built in the mid-nineteenth century
National Register of Historic Places