- View, Palmer-Marsh House, Bath, Beaufort County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white print (photograph); 10 x 8 inches
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) held by North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from the North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office. For general information see their website (http://www.hpo.ncdcr.gov/).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- Michael Coutanche (French merchant, justice, and assemblyman), first owner.
- Historical note:
- The English bond chimney is considered to be one of the state's finest examples of brick masonry. One of the most notable mid-eighteenth century homes standing in North Carolina, the property is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and as a National Historical Landmark.
Housing, Single family
National Register of Historic Places