- View, Harmony Hall, Bladen County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white print (photograph); 5 x 7 inches
- Item identifier:
- Historical Note: The house dates from the late eighteenth century.
Harmony Hall Plantation (White Oak, N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) held by North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from the North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office. For general information see their website (http://www.hpo.ncdcr.gov/).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- The house is believed to have been built before the American Revolution in the late eighteenth century for James Richardson (shipper), first owner.
- Architectural note:
- The house is typical of the regional form, and includes engaged double porches. The structure is unique because the partially enclosed exterior stairs provide the only connection between the first and second stories.
- Historical note:
- The house has been restored as a local historical site and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Bladen County (N.C.)
Housing, Single family
National Historic Landmarks