- View, Futral Family House, Onslow County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- 8 x 10 inches
- Item identifier:
Onslow County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) held by North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from the North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office. For general information see their website (http://www.hpo.ncdcr.gov/).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 313 Futrell Rd
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- David Futral (farmer) and Rachel Futral, first owner
- Architectural note:
- In 1904 son Amos added a garret, rear shed rooms, a side kitchen and dining room wing, and a porch along the front.
- Historical note:
- The house provides a rare surviving example of the once typical log house of the tidewater coastal plain, and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Housing, Single family
National Register of Historic Places
Wings (Building divisions)
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 34.810204, -77.638638