- North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) held by North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from the North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office. For general information see their website (http://www.hpo.ncdcr.gov/).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- The mill and affiliated mill village were established in 1898-1899 by nineteen local businessmen.
- Architectural note:
- The Italianate-style mill is typical of mill architecture and has a taller entrance tower.
- Historical note:
- Edenton Cotton Mill and Village make up one of the best preserved examples of the type in eastern North Carolina. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.