- View, Havens Warehouse, Washington, Beaufort County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white print (photograph); 5 x 7 inches
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) held by North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from the North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office. For general information see their website (http://www.hpo.ncdcr.gov/).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 415 W. Main Street
- Historical note:
- This and the Fowle Warehouse were constructed in the early to mid-nineteenth century, nearly at the same time. The warehouses are rare survivors of a once common building type in port towns. Currently, the warehouse houses a marina. The building lies within the boundaries of the Washington Historic District, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Architectural note:
- Nearly identical to the Fowle Warehouse. Example of early commercial construction in North Carolina. Very thick, solid brick masonry walls, heavy timber, and slate roofs. Interiors were compartmented and paneled with wood, with the exception of a small office which was plastered. s and the Havens Warehouse were constructed in the early to mid-nineteenth century, and are rare survivors of a once common building type in port towns. The warehouse has a later addition on its west side.
Buildings -- Additions
National Register of Historic Places
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.544209, -77.059978