- View, Elmswood, Washington, Beaufort County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white print (photograph)
- 5 x 7 inches
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) held by North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from the North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office. For general information see their website (http://www.hpo.ncdcr.gov/).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Post, James F., 1818-1899 more info on Post, James F., 1818-1899
- Strother, David more info on Strother, David
- 731 W. Main Street
- North Carolina
- Architectural note:
- The house, built in the early 19th century as a Federal style dwelling, and was remodeled and expanded in 1860 in Italianate style by Post, as noted by Bunnell's diary. It later received Colonial Revival style features.
Housing, Single family
Colonial revival (Architecture)
Italianate (North American architecture styles)
Buildings -- Additions
Dwellings -- Remodeling
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.546043, -77.063997