Please note that some historical materials may contain harmful content and/or descriptions. Learn how we're addressing it.
- View, Ayden Town Hall, Ayden, Pitt County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
Black and white print (photograph)
- 10 x 8 inches
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) held by North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from the North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office. For general information see their website (http://www.hpo.ncdcr.gov/).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- North Carolina
- Architectural note:
- The building combines Romanesque industrial style with classical motif, providing detailing that is not typically seen in the public architecture of small railroad towns. The central tower was composed in the Lombard mode.